Delta is a flexible, three-module qualification for people with experience of teaching English to speakers of other languages who want to progress further in their careers. Because it is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge, Delta is internationally recognised, highly respected and a benchmark for quality.
Module 1 (the exam) focuses on extending and developing candidates’ knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning English in a range of contexts.
Module 2 (teaching practice) focuses on developing awareness and expertise in the principles and professional practice of teaching English in a range of contexts.
Module 3 (course design) focuses on needs analysis, syllabus design, course planning and assessment.
The three modules can also be taken separately and are separately certificated.
The three modules of Delta will:
- extend your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of English language teaching
- encourage you to critically examine your current beliefs and practices as a teacher
- help you apply your new knowledge and understanding to your current teaching role
- extend your knowledge of English language teaching in contexts other than adult learners
- develop your career by allowing you to apply for more senior roles.